Hello Grade 8! How's everyone doing? I know, I know. One word to describe the last few weeks of school - HECTIC.
Been awhile, huh. I've missed engaging in this space to meet you guys. Like I said...we've all been crazy busy, right? Anyway, let me get on with it.
Here are some instructions for publishing the different feature articles that you all worked on for our unit on Truth. It has been an absolute pleasure to read all of your feature articles. I was impressed by your talent, your dedication, your resilience, your openness and all your hard work. Your articles have been interesting, sensitive and mature, and the world needs to read them!
Mr Raisdana has kindly designed a new blog called Stories From Sudan. We would like to have as many of your articles showcased there as possible. The plan is that once they are all submitted and posted, we will share the site with the Dave Eggers and Valentino Deng as a gift.
Because we want to showcase work that we are proud of, which reflect all the hard work, there will be some criteria for what makes it to the site. You can work on your article until it meets the following requirements. It must have:
- scored no lower than a 5 on any criteria. If you did score lower, you can work with me to write another draft and have it ready for publication.
- been edited one final time. Please resolve all my comments and be sure to work on the areas I recommended.
- citations for all your names, quotes, facts, dates, stats, numbers etc....
- a title, headline and by-line.
- any tags that are relevant to your article.
- remove the footnotes (since that was more for me than anyone else)
Please make all edits on your google doc and email me your final draft by June 8th. I will then add them all to the blog.
It would be great to have a few student statements about this process:
- reading the book
- learning about Sudan
- messages for Dave or Valentino or the people of Sudan or readers
We can add those bite size reflections to the blog as well.
Good luck and please make sure you see me if you have any questions regarding the blog, the feature articles, the process.
|Stories of Sudan|
Photo: Sudan by